Thursday, April 19, 2012

Do you see it?

It floated over the house, headed for the front yard, then quickly laid some rubber turning around, soon after it passed over the tulips. I couldn't believe it climbed inside the tulip to get a treat. It's not very obvious when you first see the photo, (click on photo to see it better) since the other tulips are looking tired & dying back. I had been sitting & waiting for a humming bird to come back to the feeder or to check out the tulips again, I wanted to get a little tighter shot so I had my 85mm 1.8 lens on my camera. I took a few shots before deciding to grab my favorite 50mm 1.4 lens. The front door was open so I ran inside to change my lens. I took less than a minute, ran back outside to the front porch & it was gone. I was lucky for the 2 photos I got & those were pure luck. The photo above is the 2nd shot I took, I like the pattern. Below is the first shot with it climbing in for a pollen bath.
Pretty cool, you don't see these butterflies everyday & glad I got a unique shot.

No comments:

Friends & Viewers