Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Our Private Park Part 2 - Kimberly Kester Photography

Sometimes I see something beautiful that just can't be passed up & I'm super lucky I have my camera handy. Here are some of those somethings. I posted these on my Kimberly Kester Photography facebook page as well http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.248884498536832.58451.113161385442478&type=1&l=97a67395d2, stop by if you haven't already & check out my page. For those who are not a member of fb or can't access it, here are the same photos, so you don't miss out on our pretty private park. The day started with the moon rising early the other morning in the front yard, followed by some chilly sweet icing & ended with a sunset displaying her pretty pinkness. What a fantastic day!
As soon as the truck was hit by the quickly rising sun, the ice was melting, I had to work fast. These first 2 photos are of my truck, it rained the day before & was super cold, my truck is silver so the photos are super light & the ice formed almost flat with a sparkly crystal pattern. You can see how the strong winds shaped it beautifully, almost like velvet or feathers.
The photo above & the rest of these ice crystal photos are from Jons truck, it's dark green & the sun was hitting it differently than mine so they formed a lot cooler, I was secretly a little jealous when he pointed it out. This next ice pattern almost looks like choppy ocean waves. Remember to click on the image to make them larger.
Couldn't resist a heart shaped on Jons frozen passenger window (Marissa thinks I could do better, lol. gosh I love that girl, she's right) & I couldn't resist the last photo of the pretty sunset. It's not the best I've seen but I'm happy I had my camera available & ready for at least this one. The night before & the night after, didn't look this nice, so I'm not complaining.
We love our yard. As soon as the tulips, redbud blooms & so many more of our little things spread their Spring happiness, I'll be sharing those as well.
Getting back to why I started photography in the first place (for sharing little treasures like these) is so good for my soul. Photographing people is a completely different catagory when it comes to photography & I love it in it's own way, but I don't want to forget the beauty that I get to enjoy each day, right down to a fresh sprouted mushroom (like I photographed a few years back). I think it's why I'm an emotional photographer. I see the simple things that others might take for granted & I try to show the beauty that they're screaming out for me to capture.
I hope everybody stops & enjoys every moment, just stop, you won't regret those sometimes rare moments like the moon rising in the morning through the trees, Spring flowers bursting with bright colors that quickly fade, the cool ice sculptures that only come on those very chilly mornings during a strong wind or a cloudy sunset that just makes you thankful you got to see it. It's simply a quick moment when you look at the bigger picture of how fast time flies. Enjoy them!

No comments:

Friends & Viewers