Thursday, March 7, 2013

Property Blooms & sprouts - Kimberly Kester Photography


It's that time of year again, time to drive you crazy with all the pictures of flowers, trees, bulbs & more, growing & blooming in our yard. Enjoy!
I'll start with a new Hyacinth we bought a couple weeks ago. I love that it's a bulb, that means it might not get eaten by the critters & I can plant it almost anywhere (probably down by the creek though, it has a sweet smell but it's really strong at times). We have another one with a bluish purple tone as well. They will look great by the creek.


Our flowering pear is in it's 2nd year of being planted in it's permanent spot, hopefully it will like the back yard sunset as much as we do ;) It's getting ready to bloom again so I guess that's a good sign, I'll take it!


The image above is our bleeding heart just starting to sprout, it's the 2nd year that we've had it & I'm super happy it made it through it's first winter here, it has hailed several times & I thought it was too delicate to handle it. Good to see I was wrong. 
These are times I wish I had a real macro lens. I was lazy this morning when I took the bleeding heart image & I didn't change my lens, I kept on my 24-70 2.8 & shot this at 2.8. It's in a black pot until I can determine where to plant it. The jack rabbits would love to nibble on this guy I'm sure & it needs shade.


Baby bloom buds on the Redbud bush in our front yard are so close to popping. Can't wait for the blooms, it's going to be anyday now & they don't last long. This morning it looked too good to miss & I thought I'd share how it looks before it goes into full bloom. This was shot at f4.


Daffodils are some of my favorite bulbs right now, mostly because I planted them a couple years ago, it's their 2nd year blooming & it brings some color to our usual red-clay-dirt-lava-boulder-landscape. I can't wait to buy some red tulips this Fall & plant them around the daffodils. I think it will look amazing.


Even Lady can't help but enjoy the front yard today, she's almost ready to fall asleep. It's a little chilly today but mama made sure she had her coat on, lol. According to how old she was when we adopted her (around 6), she should be 9 yrs old this summer & she's still doing great. We are lucky for each day we get with her & so glad she's here to keep me company when dad's at work.

I hope everybody has a great day!



No comments:

Friends & Viewers