Wednesday, June 16, 2010

GO PADRES!!!! Part 1

This is Joe, a classmate of my son's & his baseball team, the Padres.
In the photo below, do you see how close the ball is to the catchers mit? SAFE!!!!
In the photo above, the fence is blurred more due to the direction I'm aiming the camera. As I turned left to shoot at home plate (photo below), the sun was shining differently on the fence & you can see what caused the blurred lines on the photos.
These photos were taken using my 28-135mm, f/3.5-5.6 lens that came in the Canon 50d kit. As I view them, they are pretty good photos, not bad...Until I used my new 85mm, f/1.8 lens. The fence blur is almost gone & I totally notice a clarity I wasn't getting with this lens. I also have the 50mm, f/1.8 lens & it works pretty good in different situations, I would up against the fence while taking these photos to get any details & it just doesn't work. If I had a choice out of these 2 lenses, I would totally go with the 85mm hands down. I can go without the little extra zoom to have better clarity.

No comments:

Friends & Viewers