Friday, July 8, 2011

My beautiful children

I don't post my kids very often because honestly...they don't let me take their pics very often. Well, I wanted new photos of them the other day & I wasn't going to take no for an answer "Because I'm your mother & I said so, that's why" lol. Of course I'm missing Richie but I'm grateful for getting these, I wasn't going to push it with a 22 year old, lol. I think taking photos of your own children is one of the hardest thing to do, you know their personalities & they know how to push your buttons. Don't we just love our kids :) I thought these turned out pretty good though, considering they're mine, lol.
Marissa starts her senior year of High School this coming Fall & it's hard for me to fathom her growing up. Richie wasn't hard for me because he's a boy, boys seem stronger to me, honestly they do but girls can be so trusting & vulnerable. I hope that doesn't sound sexist, it's just a reality when you have a daughter, I think (I hope). I remember snapping photos of her when she was a toddler, running around grandmas house wearing her dads socks up to her thighs, her grandmas underpants up to her chest (yes when gma did the laundry, she had put a clean pair on, so funny) while pushing the kitten around the house in her baby buggie. Each time the kitten would jump out, she would grab & flop him back in the buggie. He got tired of trying after a while & just started swatting things with his paw as he went by them, so flipping funny. Maybe you had to be there. Anyways, to think she might be gone out on her own makes me incredibly sad but I'll save that sob story for another time. My favorite photo out of these, is the one below. Marissa a very happy, patient, giving young woman & she just looks so incredibly pretty in that photo, it almost makes me cry.
Oh my goodness, my Matt, he has his great grandmas eyes (which he inherited from his grandpa). Just before he turned 1, we took him to go see her & she was so proud he had her eyes, she kept saying it the entire visit. She passed years ago & of course he doesn't remember that but it stands out in my mind everytime I see those beautiful blue sparklers, especially in a photograph. Unfortunately I can't get him to smile much though due to him needing braces but I love to see his smile. I took some photos with his wonderful happiness but decided not to post them so he's happy. I don't see my kids as having flaws but totally respect boundaries when it comes to something someone is not comfortable displaying (but definitely worth taking & keeping).
He loves basketball & loves to talk smack about kicking my butt at HORSE. He didn't know what to think when I won the first game & the first game really is all we need to talk about right now, lol. When Matt was a toddler, he would run around grandmas house with her collander on his head, it had 3 little legs curling out from the bottom of the strainer. He kinda looked like Johnny Appleseed (gosh, I can't believe I remember that guy & admitting it, that'll give a girls age away pretty quick, lol). I'll have to scan & post those photos so you know I'm not kidding. Funny memories!
Gosh I love my wonderful kids, we were supposed to take more photos the following day but time escaped us, it flew by quickly & got dark in no time. I want some of me with them but it will have to wait for another day, soon. I promise to post some of those no matter how I think they turned out cause photos with them, are more for them than they are for me. I don't like being on that side of the camera but they deserve having memories of me too & I'm ok with that....sorta. Take care everybody & have a great day!

No comments:

Friends & Viewers