Sunday, July 3, 2011

My morning cup of love

I love, love , L-O-V-E coffee in the morning. The kind made at home (actually Jon makes for me), is better than I could ever buy with yummy hazelnut creamer (or any other coffee mate), but a white chocolate latte, grande with 1 shot, extra sweet & yes on the whipped cream please, coffee from Starbucks coffee is a close second. I think the love of coffee in the morning comes from the person making it for me, taking the time to comfort my need & to also keep me in a good morning mood. I'm happiest in the morning, so I'm usually at least 1/2 way smiling, dragging my feet from bed around 5-5:30am every morning, except for the few days I sleep until 6am & the even fewer (maybe twice a year) I sleep until 7am but in general, I'm usually smiling 1/2 way until the rest of my face (the side I slept on last) wakes up to that wonderful cup of love. Coffee served to me by my honey in the morning is like a big hug from the one I love & it always tastes better than when I make it myself. It's like chicken noodle soup that someone brings you when you're sick (or just the thought of it at least).
I've been without my cup of love the last couple of days & really miss the morning routine with a vengeance, so bad I'm getting those headaches you sometimes get with caffeine withdrawals. I've been drinking coffee for about 10 years now, only stopping probably two summers all together. Going without usually doesn't last long & I give into what I love so much. Has it made me crankier going without?, maybe a little but I'm still a morning person so Jon has that going for him, he needs all the help he can get sometimes, lol. Will I start my coffee kick back up again before the summer is over?.....Yep, most likely but it feels good to think I have a little will power for at least a couple of days.
So, if you're out there somewhere enjoying a cup of love, I'm jealous but will be joining you in no time I'm sure. But for now, it'll be just water for me & I'll still love my mornings.

1 comment:

Amanda Pruett said...

I'll two today, one for you! :)

Friends & Viewers