Saturday, March 26, 2011

Dena, Gina, Tina - Redding Portrait Photography

Turn up the volume (sorry if you were waiting for this post to have the contest details, its in the next 1, I promise.) I have been so impatiently waiting to post this slide show. It truly is my favorite part of taking photographs, I can hear a song & instantly see the photographs that will match to it perfectly. A lot of time I just meet the people, haven't even photographed them but when I hear a certain song...it just sings with visual stimulation & I already see the images in my head. I am definitely a woman, I use more than one sense & very happy to share that with others lol. I never promise somebody a slide show on portrait sessions, I just can't help but do them most of the time, it's how I see the day. After all, that's what you're getting when you ask me to photograph you, how I see the moment. It might take me a little extra time to create them (because I want them to talk to me & come from the heart so I literally edit them more than 50-75 times, hearing the song over & over & over...you get the idea) but I seem to never get tired of watching them when they're done. This slide show was not so easy, it was 3 grown sisters that I knew when I was young & had been reunited with during this session after probably 30+ years. Wow when you put it that way, I sound kinda old, but I like to think of it as Wiser. So 3 sisters, their spouses, 1 teen & 1 preteen, I had never done a slide show with such a session. There wasn't enough photos of the sisters alone for a slide show & same with the family member photos so I had to create something that blended all 3 of the scenerios together. I was really proud of what I came up with & wanted to show it to Dena right away (she's the youngest L sister & lives locally), I dropped the disc off at her work & waited for her response. It wasn't too much longer that I got her call, she really liked it & we totally cried over the phone (of course we cried, it's me for goodness sake, I'm a softy), also due to some sad news she had to deliver & explained she needed me to hold off on posting the slide show. I happily honored her request so she could send it to her sisters to view prior to others viewing (the file was too large to email). God brings people together for a reason, you may not know the reason during the moment such as with Blanch (previous post), it may be years before you see how he created your path but a reason none the less. It seems I don't learn about the sad stuff until after I create the slide show, I think it's Gods way of keeping the sadness from my heart during the creation time (my goodness I cry enough during the making of most of them without knowing the sad stuff). So today I will just be thankful for what I do have, continue to pray for others & hope for another good day tomorrow. Dena, Gina & Tina, I have so much love in my heart for all of you, I was so incredibly happy to be a part of these memories & each time I view this, a huge smile comes across my face (with maybe just a little tear), hope everybody else has the same reaction ;) so please sit back, turn up the volume & ENJOY! ...The Emotions, "Best of My Love"

No comments:

Friends & Viewers