Saturday, February 27, 2010

While I wasn't looking...

...but it happened right before my eyes, Richie turned 21 and the most exciting part is he let me take pictures the day after his birthday. When I phoned him on his birthday, I heard him complaining as he was walking to the phone about how he didn't want to hear anybody singing the Happy Birthday song. So, the mother that I am... sang it to him as soon as I heard, "H-e-l-l-o?" He grunted & groaned telling me to stop but I heard a smile deep, DEEP down & kept going to the end. I didn't want to be a quitter ;). He is way too young to complain about his birthdays, don't you think?
So, I decided to take advantage of the pictures I took (he probably won't be happy about this) & post them on my blog so those who know him, can see how much he's grown. BTW, Richie is currently writing a book series (trilogy) & I can't wait to read what he creates & that's not just because I'm his mom. Those who have read his previous newpaper articles & ramblings know what I'm talking about. The photo above, is Richie at 3 years of age. Look at those cheeks...
I liked these both so I put them both up.
He is always WAY too serious & needs to do more of that smiling. Seriously, I'm happy for our new grown-up relationship & enjoyed our time during the session. I love him, I hope he never forgets that & I'm happy he's my son everyday & every year. I'm glad he keeps having birthdays...

No comments:

Friends & Viewers