Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Blooming front yard

To spare everyone from the boring photos I could show over & over again with our yard in transition, today I'm going to show you a few of our favorite plants that are blooming right now. My favorite plant of all time is the beautiful white wisteria, it reminds me of the Hawaiian pikaki flower, so incredibly pretty & I absolutely love the smell, but since it's already done blooming right now (and the fact we don't have one in our own yard yet), I have to settle with my second favorite plant which is lavender. I'm not the only one who loves it...See.
I want to plant a field of this stuff, right next to the house, I love it that much. Since we're still testing the yard with what will survive (not only due to the little bit of snow in the winter but also the critter destruction & the summer heat), we're not planting a whole lot right now so here are a few of what we do have & love.
Can't forget my salvias! I love our plants & can't wait to get more. We already have 2 purple wisterias but they're nothing like the white one, I hope to get some photos of those this next spring & maybe purchase the white one I want so badly, that will really make my yard complete.

No comments:

Friends & Viewers